Microsoft Outlook 4 Projects
Manage both Operational and Project work in one place
Receive practical hands-on skills instruction to help you absorb and apply proven techniques for tracking and managing projects using your Microsoft Outlook.
This program is ideal for small to medium sized projects where only basic reporting is required. Basic project management experiences is helpful however, not necessary.
This course will help you:
This course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and tools to effectively manage those projects within the familiar interface of MS Outlook. Managing both Operational and Project work in one place will enhance your ability to stay in control of follow-ups, commitments and important deadlines.
- WorkingSm@rt using Microsoft Outlook
This course is intended for WorkingSm@rt using MS Outlook graduates who need to track and communicate the impact of change for an existing project plan and have chosen not to use a dedicated project management software.
Who Should Attend:
This program is ideal for workgroups and teams, including managers, technical and sales professionals, supervisors, administrators and project leaders who currently use MS Outlook and are not optimizing this powerful software.
- 1 day instructor-led session
- Coaching session to reinforce learning
- Comprehensive Learning Guide
Managing the Two Worlds of Work
- Have a better understanding of the challenges of managing the Two Worlds of Work
- Become better acquainted with the world of Project Management
- Be introduced to key project planning practices and essential project planning tools.
Setting-up Outlook to Manage Projects
- Create the Outlook4Projects toolbar to help you better manage project items
- Know how to work with views
- Know how to create custom task views.
Getting Started on Your New Project
- Create Project Files to manage your project data
- Setup a new Project Communication File
- Have used the Objective Statement tool
- Enter key information in your Communication File
- Assign and link resources to your project.
Managing Project Tasks
- Enter tasks from the Project Tasks Entry Table
- Create project tasks from your emails
- Work with custom task views
- Know how to create custom fields
- Format columns and change how information is displayed.
Managing Project Communication
- Have discovered ways of tracking communication in your project Communication File
- Know how to use the Resource Link to quickly access resource information
- Know how to assign project categories to emails Sent and Received
- Store all project emails in your Project File
- Be able to send manual status reports
- Communicate easily with task delegators and delegatees.
Tracking & Reporting on Project Activities
- Know how to update the status of your project tasks
- Quickly find all Outlook items associated with your project
- Print Project Task views to report on your tasks
- Export project task information into Outlook4Projects reports
- Understand how to use and customize Outlook4Projects reports.
Back at the Workplace
- Review the potential obstacles to implementing the Outlook 4 Projects methodology and identify solutions.
Unique Benefits of Training with Priority Management
- All course materials are included in the workshop fee
- Optional Support Package: 45 minute one-on-one follow up coaching in person or via phone ensures individual learning requirements are met.
The Complete List of Priority Training programs:
- WorkingSm@rt using Microsoft Outlook
- WorkingSm@rt using Microsoft Outlook Mac
- WorkingSm@rt using Microsoft OneNote
- WorkingSm@rt using IBM Notes
- WorkingSm@rt using Novell GroupWise
- WorkingSm@rt using iPhone and iPad
- WorkingSm@rt using BlackBerry
- WorkingSm@rt using Google
- WorkingSm@rt in Meetings
- WorkingSm@rt 365
Get in touch
We would be delighted to set up an executive briefing for your organization either online or in person at your convenience.
Email or telephone and we can talk about A Better Way To Work.